AA XX 100
Wikipedia Edit-a-thon: Women in Architecture
Date: Thursday 15 October 2015
Venue: New Soft Room
AA XX 100 is participating in the Wikipedia Edit-a-thon: Women in Architecture on Thursday 15 October from 3-7pm in the New Soft Room at the AA.
The aim of the event is to enhance and create pages related to women in architecture on Wikipedia. Other participants include the Guggenheim Museum, New York, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Women_in_Architecture
Other cities that are participating include:
* Los Angeles (Getty Research Institute)
* Bangalore (The Centre for Internet & Society)
* Philadelphia (AIA, Philadelphia Chapter)
* Toronto (Ryerson University)
* Chicago (University of Chicago)
* Melbourne (MADA, Monash University Caulfield Campus)
* Berlin (Wikimedia Deutschland)
* Boston (KrashPad)
* Montreal (McGill University)
* Nashville (Vanderbilt University)
The event is open to all, no Wikipedia editing experience necessary.
If you are interested in participating in the wikipedia write-athon for women in architecture then please come along and bring your laptop and power cords. Experienced editors—or, Wikipedians—will be on site to lead a training session which includes a review of editing basics and then support new editors in getting started with their articles.
The training session will be held from 3-4pm, followed by time for actual editing. Light refreshments will be available
We look forward to seeing you then!
All lectures are open to members of the public, staff and students unless otherwise stated.